Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Golden Girls Weekend

Top three signs you're on a "Golden Girls" weekend:

1. Easy Spirit sneakers nestled amongst the luggage.


2. A Caddy in the garage...


3. Average age = 70+...


Here was our lovely little weekend abode in Prescott, courtesy of my mom's cousin, Joanne...


And here were the views from the deck...

... where we hung out every day reading Time and AARP magazines.

We got there on Saturday afternoon, and after getting settled in (sweeping the deck, putting food in the fridge, setting up my hide-a-bed, and taking our Geritol), it was time to get down to business...

... which means happy hour, of course.

Here's Joanne downing the merlot...

... in one of the wilder moments from the weekend.

We went to bed at 10:30 that night, and none of us could believe we were able to stay up that late!

On Sunday, pre-happy hour part deux, we went for a nice long drive in the Caddy all around Prescott.

Here's the landscape...


And here's town...


I liked the town square -- and even managed to mask my disappointment that there were no nude shuffleboard courts...


I did, however, manage to take a nostril shot of this magnificent beast...

... reflecting Prescott's equestrian heritage.

We also did a bit of shopping, and I discovered the world's scariest gift shop, also known as "The Cat's Meow."

Here were a few of its choicest offerings...

Even my 72-year old cousin Ardith commented that the doll above (and the other 1,672 freakish dolls in the shop) reminded her of Chucky...


Appropriately, we watched The Shining on TV that night before crashing at the more reasonable hour of 10pm.

Monday morning, we rose for the early bird, drank some coffee, and hit the road to Phoenix. We stopped by my second cousin Mali's house in North Phoenix.

I was insanely jealous of the pool in her perfectly manicured backyard...

I took this picture from a cushioned lounge chair in the pristine patio area while relaxing in the 80 degree weather.

And little Lilly sat on my lap...

She is quite possibly the coolest/cutest dog ever.

I think she's about 70 in dog years. Plus she's gray. In other words, she fit in just fine.

4 comments:

admin said...

Real Nice Blog, I love it, You have my appreciation for doing such a nice job.

Chickytava said...

Thank you!

Italianissima said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend...your mom's cousins are so cute!

JC said...

Love the recap! The Cat's Meow sounds positively frightening.