Monday, March 05, 2007

Dvorak's Biggest Fan

Tucson has some of the U.S.'s most interesting characters...

I took this picture a few weeks ago as I was leaving a happy hour on University Blvd.

The Asian guy with the helmet drives this old Volvo around town (that's his car hood showing at the bottom left of the picture). It's covered in reflective traffic triangles, and he sits in parking lots around Tucson piping classical music out of big external speakers. He told me it was to combat hip-hop music from other cars' radios.

I have no idea who the chap in the plaid cap is, but he seemed as amused as me. Slightly drunk too, by the looks of it...

Sometimes I just love Tucson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have the greatest blog around. I aspire to have one like yours.

chickytava said...

Thank you, dahhling... I hope you're not just saying that because my readers think Alex is hot. Because, he is, you know, but I don't want that to sway you!

JC said...

Yep, gotta love Tucson. It's such a weird mix of college town, former (and current?) hippies, granola/sprout eatin' mf'ers, and new age weirdoes. It's kind of the anti-Dallas. But that's a lot more interesting.