Friday, March 23, 2007

Up and Coming Adventures... Well, Not Really Adventures, More Like Crap I'd Rather Not Be Doing, Except for the Slumber Party and Cookies.

I'm staying in tonight to get some s**t done. I need to start cracking down on myself and exhibit at least some small signs of self-discipline.

Top ten items on my radar this weekend:

1. Memorizing my Arabic lines for a play I'm in at the Southern Arizona Language Fair next weekend. I also have to build the props. (Don't laugh, Jordy, you'll be proud of my artistic endeavors, and we will win the highest score!)

See?...

... Aren't these little puppets cute?

2. Study for an Arabic vocabulary quiz (especially after more or less bombing the mid-term).


3. Start my Art History paper on the anthropological developments of the tribal rug industry in Turkey & Iran.

4. Thesis, thesis, thesis... research & writing.

5. Yoga on Saturday morning and hopefully lap swimming on Sunday.

6. Slumber party at Anna's on Saturday night with Ingrid and Keri too. We're watching old movies (i.e.: Children of the Corn... my request), giving each other pedicures and manicures, eating lots of popcorn & Junior Mints (Ingrid's request), and perhaps even engaging in a pillow fight or two.

7. Baking cookies or brownies to satisfy my insatiable dessert appetite.

8. Buying a fan and windshield wiper blades (the rubber stripping fell off the blade mid-rain storm yesterday!).

9. Finish Notes on a Scandal.

10. Prepare for my Dad's visit this coming week. He and my half-sister are driving down from Denver and will be here Monday through Thursday to see the sites and hit a Rockies spring training game.

And on a final, rather unrelated, note... check out the most amazing sunset we had here in Tucson last night...

And this was the tail end of it!

2 comments:

Italianissima said...

wow, what a beautiful sunset...it has been raining here in PA :(

JC said...

I love that sunset picture.