Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Slumber Party

Last night, Ingrid and I went over to Anna's house for our long-awaited slumber party. Unfortunately Keri bailed because she allegedly had "work to do" on her thesis, which I found a rather weak excuse.

And it's too bad she wasn't there because we had a fabulous evening full of pizza, Cheetos, popcorn, Milk Duds, Junior Mints, chocolate chip cookies, and wine. And we made the most comfortable bed for ourselves in the entire world...

Here I am with Ingrid posing on our cushioned creation:

Now really, WTF was I thinking so blatantly exposing my cupcake pajama-clad ass like that for this photo? It's a bit obscene, actually, but you get the idea of our set-up. Big squishy bed, soft comforter, unhealthy indulgences within reach, and a surround-sound television system right in front of us. (Thanks for setting that up, Alex!)

We entertained ourselves with Marie Antoinette, Sex & the City, and The Descent, which was a most sadistic choice right before bedtime, but luckily we all cuddled up on our giant mattress and dozed off without visions of flesh-devouring cave monsters interrupting our sleep.

Ingrid and I left early this morning because we both have crap we have to do today.

As we walked out of Anna's, Ingrid started laughing out loud when she saw this...

... my car parallel parked in front of Anna's house... right under a no parking sign.

In my defense, I said to Ingrid, "Well, hell, I didn't even see that sign! I mean, it's facing the wrong way!"

And she said, "Honey, your car is facing the wrong way."

And then it hit me. "Oh... Yeah."

5 comments:

Italianissima said...

I love slumber parties!!! I used to have them in the cave with my Suppa Club girls in DC...sniff, sniff...we would do our nails, watch Adventures in Babysitting and we even dies Gina's hair once...good times....

nonstop said...

I have one simple... very simple and direct question: Why the hell wasn't I invited!?

I'm going to hold a slumber party and invite everyone I know. Everyone! Everyone, except you, Ingrid, and Anna. And Keri... she'll be the guest of honor, because her true reason was that she wanted to come to my slumber party. The Moos knows what's best for The Moos... and The Boff!

Chickytava said...

Boff...
This is an easy one. Everyone in town has heard about your notorious Dutch Ovens. Do you really think we wanted to share our comfy bed and sweet smelling blankets with you?

Not even the Moos would go for that.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, please refer to this link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com
/define.php?term=dutch+oven

nonstop said...

Are you kidding? I invented the Dutch Oven.

JC said...

What kind of wine do you recommend with Cheetos? Thank you.