Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekend Update

The Arabic Language Fair is OVER!!!! YAYYYY!!!

It wasn't a complete disaster. Although Angela, Jordy and I rehearsed about 2,000 times in the days leading up to it, I still froze with complete stage fright mid-way through our puppet show and had to repeat a sentence about three times before I could muster the fortitude to remember my next line. Luckily one of the judges was our teacher last semester (who likes all of us) so hopefully he'll go easy on me/us. I want a trophy!!!

I don't have much else to report today except that I need to get my a** is gear and start seriously writing, writing, writing. The Boff even told me at happy hour last night (where I only stayed for an hour after ordering a root beer) that it was the first time he'd ever seen me stressed out. But that's how I operate. I only work well under extreme pressure.

I'm babysitting tonight for the family I work for during the week, and I'm hoping the kids go to bed early so I can get some reading done.

My dad and Hannah left yesterday, and their car broke down about an hour outside Tucson. They got towed back into town, got a new radiator installed, and made it back on the road around 3:30pm. They spent the night somewhere in northern Arizona (wow, this is a big state), and should be nearing Denver about now.

Here are pictures that we took in my apartment Thursday evening...

My dad respects happy hour. I like that.

Seriously, I can't believe how big Hannah is now...

... I was just a skinny little stick of a kid at her age.

Actually, here's proof...

... my seventh grade class picture!

Last photo of the week...

Thanks for the nice visit!

1 comment:

JC said...

I'm glad you all had a nice visit. You're so brave to post your old pictures, I don't think I could do that.